It might be hard to imagine with the harsh winter weather that's been slamming the US, but summer time will be here before we know it! Summer time means summer camp and that's where we come in to save the day! Here are a few tips for picking a summer camp that will make both parent and camper happy.
Tip #1: Early Bird Catches the Worm!
Start looking for camp at least few months early, which means, right now!
This is for a few reasons:
First, you can capitalize on early bird discounts.
Second, you'll have a wider variety of camps to choose from because it will be less likely that the camp is already full. This is especially important if you're looking at popular camps.
Third, you will have time to visit the camp and speak with camp directors. Sometimes a website or brochure can't give you the true feel for the camp it's promoting, so seeing things first-hand will make you more comfortable with your choice.
Lastly, you will have more time to plan and find a camp that fits your schedule. For most families, camp is a necessity because both parents work and have a busy lifestyle.
Tip #2: Not Sure of What Camp to Choose? Ask Your Camper!
Asking your child what kind of camp they would like to attend will help narrow down the search. This will save you time, and also make your camper happier when they attend the camp of their dreams.
Tip #3: Use MySummerCamps.com search tool to find the perfect camp:
Now that you have done your research- find your camp! Our improved search tool on our homepage will make finding camp a breeze. You can search by location, activity, type of camp, keyword, or choose from our pre-set categories. We've made improvements over the last few months so that things will be easier for you to find the perfect camp. We hope that our improvements serve you well!
If you're worried about whether you'll be able to afford to send your kids to camp this summer, we've got some solutions for you! Luckily, there are people out there who are passionate about summer camp and have come up with resources to help families send their kids to camp.
One thing to remember: act quickly and act early because discounts, "camperships" and deals can be limited on a first-come, first-served basis!
1. The first place to check for camperships or discounts is with the camp director. Contact the director of your desired camp, and ask them if the camp provides options for families who need some support. According to the American Camp Association, nearly 90% of camps offer some type of campership. It's also good to keep in mind that camp directors are often happy to lend help or suggest outside sponsors who give special camperships to their specific camp.
2. Seek out service organizations in your community such as your local Rotary International Club. There are thousands of local service organizations that host camps, or sponsor children to go to camp. Our marketing coordinator at MySummerCamps.com received a full campership in high school through her local Rotary Club.
3. Early bird discounts! Many camps offer an early bird discount to those who register for camp early.
4. Check discount sites such as Groupon, Livingsocial, and Camperships.com. As a means to get more local customers, camps and classes are posting deals on discount sites.
5. Sign-up for MySummerCamps newsletter. Each month, we send out a newsletter which includes exclusive deals from camps. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe!
So let's get started! A little bit of research early on can give you peace of mind when summer time comes around, and will also give your child a great opportunity.
More than just a summer camp, Camp Kimama Carmel will introduce your child to multiple cultures and languages and offer real, long-lasting friendships with Jewish children from around the world! Here, kids strengthen their independence, leadership skills, and personal development. And oh yes--deepen their bond and love for Israel!
Each year for the past decade, Camp Kimama has hosted thousands of kids ages 6-18 from 40 countries around the world!
Kimama Carmel, at the foot of the Carmel Mountain, offers a combination of sociol and educational activities and professional tracks: Dog training, Self-Empowerment through surfing, Dog Training and Styling and Fashion Culture.
Read more about Camp Kimama here!
- Send their favorite dry snack such as chips, cookies or snack bars
- Avoid sending any liquid items to ensure that other items in the care package will stay dry
- Send puzzles, cards or other fun games
- Send a new book
- Only send shelf-stable food items. Avoid sending items that may spoil during the shipping process
- Send a favorite shirt, sweatshirt or other piece of clothing that they may have forgotten to pack
- Send their favorite stuffed animal
- Camp Parents suggest sending glow sticks and bubbles
There is also always the option to purchase a pre-filled care package. There are several companies that sell pre-filled care packages as well as custom made ones that can be tailored to your camper's needs. Send a care package to your camper today!
Keep Lice Off Your Child!
Worried about your child getting head lice this summer? With back-to-camp time rapidly approaching and children sharing bunks, hair bands, helmets and playing in close contact, the best way to get rid of lice is to avoid it all together.
Here is the good news! We have identified a natural product that will keep lice off of your child. ClearLice™ has developed a natural everyday shampoo and leave-in conditioner that has a refreshing lavender-peppermint scent that kids love and head lice hate!
If your child does get head lice, ClearLice™ has a natural lice removal system that dissolves the exoskeletons of lice and the shells of the nits; ending your lice problem in one day. Prescriptions and store brand products can come with dangerous side effects. Some were originally used in agriculture; such as Lindane and are currently banned in dozens of countries outside the US.
Our advice is to be prepared this summer
and receive a 10% savings on your order
Enter coupon code SUMMERCAMP at checkout